Have you just started the GM diet? Are you hoping to see GM diet results? Here is my review of this popular 7-day diet. I will go into detail about what I ate every single day, and provide additional tips on how to be successful.
Keep in mind that the primary goal in any weight loss endeavor is not just to drop some pounds, but to KEEP them off and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The GM diet got me into the habit of making healthier eating choices. I no longer have cravings for junk food like I used to.
I’m a 30-something female who only wanted to lose 8 or 9 pounds quickly so I could look good during my spring vacation at the beach. I started off at around 132 lbs; which wasn’t really overweight, but I am fairly short, so a bikini wouldn’t flatter me a whole lot. I just wanted to drop down below 125 lbs, and the GM diet seemed like the quickest way to achieve that goal.
Since I’ve always had a sweet tooth, I knew it was going to be difficult to cut out the sugar. To prepare for the diet, I had to slow cut down on it for the few days leading up to day #1.
By the end of the first day, I had already lost two pounds. It was probably water weight at this point. I’m certain I flushed out all of the chemicals from carbonated drinks.
- Breakfast: One apple, a few grapes, and two glasses of water.
- Lunch: Two small slices of watermelon and two bottled waters.
- Mid-afternoon snack: One small bowl of orange slices and one glass of water.
- Late-afternoon snack: One glass of coconut water
- Dinner: Another slice of watermelon and a handful of raisons with two glasses of water.
I didn’t weigh myself on this day. I had approximately 1 and ½ bottles of water for every meal, including snacks.
- Breakfast: One boiled potato.
- Lunch: Simple salad with just lettuce, cucumbers, and a few carrot slices.
- Afternoon snack: One cup of cherry tomatoes.
- Dinner: Boiled broccoli, asparagus, and cauliflower.
I decided to check my weight as soon as I woke up: it was down to 128.5 lbs. Once again, I drank plenty of water throughout the day.
- Breakfast: One cup of diced melon and an apple
- Mid-morning snack: Tomato and papaya
- Lunch: One cucumber and boiled beet
- Mid-afternoon snack: One orange
- Dinner: Boiled vegetables, fresh greens, and one cup of diced apple
My cravings for junk food finally started to diminish on the fourth day.
- Breakfast: A banana and glass of skim milk
- Lunch: Bowl of vegetable soup and one glass of lime water (no salt or sugar)
- Mid-afternoon snack: A banana shake (1/4 cup of milk combined with 1 banana in a blender)
- Dinner: Cucumber salad and one beetroot. I added a tiny amount of salt for seasoning.
I was beginning to really see GM diet results, as my weight was down to 127 lbs at the beginning of the fifth day (5 pound loss). I think I drank the most amount of water of any day of the diet; I had at least 13 glasses.
- Breakfast: One grilled chicken breast and one small bowl of tomato soup.
- Lunch: Homemade hamburger patty (fried)
- Dinner: Another hamburger patty with one tomato
No snacks on the first “meat” day.
I ate more meat on the sixth day.
- Breakfast: A bowl of mixed vegetables with beef cutlets.
- Mid-morning snack: Another bowl of mixed vegetables
- Lunch: Bowl of brown rice and coconut water.
- Mid-afternoon snack: Half a beef patty.
- Dinner: Chicken broth and tomatoes
Made it to the last day!
- Breakfast: A bowl of white rice and slice of papaya.
- Mid-morning snack: Watermelon juice
- Lunch: A dish of raw vegetables and a slice of mango.
- Mid-afternoon snack: A cup of mixed berries.
- Dinner: A large bowl of greens.
Final Results and Observations
The next morning after completing the week-long program, I weighed myself to see the final results. I made it to 124.2-lbs. I succeeded in my goal and lost nearly 8-pounds.
A few things I’d like to point out:
- I drank at least one glass of water for every single meal, including snacks, every day.
- I mixed snack time up a bit. On some days I had mid-afternoon snacks, some days I had mid-morning snacks, and some days I had both.
- It wasn’t just dieting that helped me lose weight; I did a bit of yoga every single day, and went out for a 30 minute walk every other day.
If you want to see GM diet results as well, I hope this testimonial will give you some idea of what to expect. Good luck!