These days, it seems like everyone wants to lose weight. It could be a friend, family member, or classmate. Some of you may be saying, “I don’t want to lose weight, I just want to tone up”. Well, toning up means losing weight, too! Our society and marketing run on physical looks. We all want to look like the models on the billboards, and the actors on TV, with chiseled abs, or tiny waists. You may not be at your dream weight or have your dream body. doesn’t mean that you don’t have the dedication or motivation to complete your goals. The issue lies in the how. Once you decide to start to lose weight, your first step is most likely to go online. Once on the worldwide web, you’re going to find endless diets out there. Finding one that fits your lifestyle and your specific goals is tough. Once you select and start that diet, you’re not even sure it’s going to work! If your goal is to lose 10-20 pounds in as little as possible, we have a solution for you. The General Motors (GM) Diet, originated in 1985. This seven-day weight loss plan was for its employees. The corporation did so, to ensure their employees had the tools they needed to lose weight. Of course, it was also in hopes to increase work productivity. The workers had amazing, rapid success, and it gained a huge following. Millions follow it because it’s simple to follow and realistic.
What Is The GM Diet, After All?
The plan is a nutrition guide, set apart from its complicated counterparts. This diet involves tried-and-true methods of weight loss. As it is a seven-day plan, it’s a meal schedule for one week. The idea isn’t some crazy crash diet. The basis is to help you eat better, so you find yourself at a healthy weight. The GM Diet limits your food intake to fruits, vegetables, brown rice, and chicken. By doing this, as well as increasing water intake, you will shed weight without risk of gaining it back. Take a look at the guide below, for more details.
- Download our GM Diet PDF Chart & Plan
- See GM Diet Results
- Download Recipe for GM Diet Soup
- Vegetarian? – See the GM Diet Veg
- Indian? – See the GM Diet Indian version
GM Diet Day 1.
Day one is a day of change. This initial day, you can consume as many fruits as you desire. There are no time restrictions for when you can eat. High-fiber fruits such as watermelons and cantaloupes are ideal. If you don’t have those on hand, apples, oranges, and papaya are good alternatives. It is necessary to consume 8-12 glasses of water per day. Do not starve yourself. If you feel hunger pangs, grab a fruit.
Why This Works
You’ll notice fruits high in fiber are ideal. This is because fiber keeps you feeling fuller, longer. Fibrous foods are also low in fats. Drinking quantities of water flushes out toxins. The water also prepares your body for this new change in diet.
Sample meal plan for Day 1:
- Breakfast: Between 8-9 am: An apple with a glass of water.
- Brunch: Between 11-12 pm: Half of a cantaloupe with a glass of water.
- For Lunch: Between 1:30-2 pm: A serving of watermelon and two glasses of water.
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4-5pm: A whole orange and a glass of water.
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30-7 pm: An apple and a glass of water.
- Dinner: Between 8-9 pm: Cantaloupe and guava with two glasses of water.
GM Diet Day 2
On day two, you’ll transition your focus over from fruits, to vegetables. The ideal options involve carrots, beans, cabbage, tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers. This day will be much harder than the prior. You can cook the vegetables to make them a bit more enjoyable, or leave them raw. Oil should be consumed rarely. Do not even think of deep-frying your veggies. You can have vegetables whenever hunger strikes.
Why Just Vegetables?
Your initial day/fruit day was very low-carb. The potatoes will replenish your carb stores, while carrots and beans are fiber-rich.
Sample meal plan for day 2:
- Breakfast: Between 8- 9 am: A boiled potato.
- Brunch: Between 11-12 pm: Cabbage and lettuce salad with a light dressing and a glass of water.
- For Lunch: Between 1:30-2 pm: A salad with cucumbers, onions, and carrots. Two glasses of water.
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4-5 pm: Cup boiled broccoli, ½ cup of sliced bell pepper, and two glasses of water.
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30 pm and 7 pm: Some boiled cauliflower with a light dressing and a glass of water.
- Dinner: Between 8-9 pm: A salad with carrots, broccoli, and green beans. Two glasses of water.
GM Diet Day 3
You may have guessed this day would be a combination of the prior two. This day is just fruits and vegetables. The only difference is that potatoes and bananas aren’t allowed. By now, your body will adjust to this diet. You will love fruits even more after a day of just veggies. This day will have the best of both worlds. It combines a fiber-rich, nutrient-dense, protein-filled diet. Your body will be happy to have variety, unlike the last two days. Make sure to keep water intake high, to flush out toxins.
Sample meal plan for day 3:
- Breakfast: Between 8- 9 am: Half a cup of cantaloupe or an apple and two glasses of water.
- Brunch: Between 11-12 pm: Half a pineapple or pear and two glasses of water.
- For Lunch: Between 1:30-2 pm: A salad with cucumber, carrots, and lettuce. Two glasses of water.
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4-5 pm: An orange with half a cantaloupe, one glass of water.
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30-7 pm: A pear, one glass of water.
- Dinner: Between 8- 9 pm: Boiled broccoli and beets with two glasses of water.
GM Diet Day 4 – GM Diet Wonder Soup
This day is going to be a bit more specific than the previous days. This can also be much easier. You will need to consume eight bananas over the entire day. Also, make sure to drink three large glasses of milk. One with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We’re away this could get tiring. You can add a bowl of soup if desired. You may see athletes consuming bananas, for many reasons. Bananas give immediate energy. They’re high in pectin, which aids in digestion. They’re high in potassium, which helps get rid of muscle soreness. Milk is high in vitamin D and calcium, ensuring strong bones.
Sample meal plan for day 4:
- Breakfast: Between 8 am and 9 am: Two bananas and milk.
- Brunch: Between 11 am and 12 pm: A banana shake (use 1 banana). Half a teaspoon of honey is optional
- For Lunch: Between 1:30 pm and 2 pm: A bowl of GM soup.
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4- 5 pm: A banana milkshake.
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30 pm and 7 pm: Two medium to small bananas.
- Dinner: Between 8- 9 pm: Two bananas and milk.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water through the day.
GM Diet Day 5
Vegetarians can have a cup of rice. Non-vegetarians can select a lean protein like chicken breast or fish. Also, consume six large tomatoes throughout the day. Compared to the last four days, you will seem like you’re overeating. Again, limit oil intake. You must increase water intake to 15 glasses, daily. For Non-vegetarians, you can have a serving of fish or chicken. Eat 500gms of skinless chicken baked and of course, the six large tomatoes. Brown rice is a complex carb, which not only aids digestion but makes you feel fuller, longer. Chicken and fish are lean sources of protein. Tomatoes are fiber-rich and assist digestion.
Sample meal plan for day 5:
- Breakfast: Between 8 am and 9 am:
- A few tomatoes with some boiled kidney beans and two glasses of water.
- Brunch: Between 11 am and 12 pm: A cup of yogurt and a couple glasses of water.
- For Lunch: Between 1:30 pm and 2 pm: A bowl of brown rice. Add chicken breast or fish with a couple tomatoes and two glasses of water.
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4 pm and 5 pm: A salad including onions and sprouts
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30 pm and 7 pm: An apple and a pear.
- Dinner: Between 8 pm and 9 pm: GM soup and two glasses of water.
GM Diet Day 6
Any amount and type of vegetables. Vegetarians can select a cup of brown rice. Non-vegetarians can have chicken breast or fish. This is another increased food intake day. Salads shouldn’t have thick dressings. By day six you should notice visible weight loss. For non-vegetarians, eat up to 500gms of skinless chicken. Include all vegetables, excluding tomatoes and potatoes. You can eat chicken or eggs. You can substitute the GM soup mid-morning or evening. Vegetables provide a fiber and nutrient-rich diet. Chicken and fish provide lean protein.
Sample meal plan for day 6:
- Breakfast: Between 8 am and 9 am: A bowl of mixed boiled vegetables and two glasses of water
- Brunch: Between 11 and 12am:
- A bowl of boiled kidney beans with a diced tomato seasoned with spices and two glasses of water
- Lunch: Between 1:30 and 2pm:
- A bowl of brown rice/chicken breast/fish with the GM diet soup and two glasses of water
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4:30 and 5pm: some baby carrots and one glass of water
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30 and 7pm: A bowl of GM soup and a glass of water
- Dinner: Between 8 and 9pm: A bowl of boiled vegetables with a glass of water
GM Diet Day 7
You finally made it! Today will consist of a cup of brown rice, various vegetables, and fruit juice. Feel free to eat as many vegetables as you want, today. Also, add sugar-free fruit juice. The vegetables will provide you with energy. The fruit juice will supply you with rich nutrients. It will also flush out toxins. Even though you will have lost weight, don’t mess it up by eating something to “treat” yourself. Do not follow the GM Diet after the 7 days. Alternate every one or two weeks.
Sample meal plan for day 7:
- Breakfast: Between 8 and 9pm:A mixed vegetable salad in a small bowl and a glass of apple or orange juice
- Brunch: Between 11 and 12pm: A bowl of GM diet soup and some carrot sticks with a glass of water
- Lunch: Between 1:30 and 2pm: A cup of brown rice, a bowl of boiled vegetables, and two glasses of water
- Post Lunch Snack: Between 4 and 5pm: A few carrots and glass of kiwi juice.
- Evening Snack: Between 6:30 and 7pm: Mixed veg salad and two glasses of water
- Dinner: Between 8 and 9pm: Bowl of GM soup and two glasses of water
The high level of fruits in this diet gives the body fiber that aids digestion and prevents you from feeling hungry. Vegetables are vitamin-rich. Brown rice is a complex carb that is low in fat. Protein in the form of chicken is low in fat and energy-rich. Additionally, protein helps raise your metabolism. It also helps burn fat. The diet doesn’t limit the amount of food you can eat. It focuses on what you can’t eat. This, along with frequent small meals and increased water intake, flushes out the toxins and leads to fat loss.